mardi 18 janvier 2011

Anti torque engine stay / Tirant anti couple moteur

Le Français suit.


There is a while I wanted to use a stay as anti torque engine in order to reduce its movement, especially at idle when the engine rotates at low revs. The movement at head is about 8mm even more.

My idea was to link the head to the body, inspired by the Beta solution. But I wanted to use the “rear shelf” instead of the bulkhead of the engine bay.
I had the original stay from the Strada, the donor engine, but the bushes “silentblocs”   were worn out. Because I had no pictures enough clear to see how the stay is fixed on the head, I hesitated long time because I did not want to use only one point (the 12mm bolt close to cyl 4).

Paulstra ref. 561446
The first idea: one 12 mm bolt

Copy & FIAT Strada/Ritmo
Finally with photos and technical documents I understood that I have the solution in my garage in a box where several bits of the Strada where stocked but forgotten…
The adjustable stay 


Indeed the bracket on the head is very simple to copy and adapt to the Montecarlo. It uses the 2 holes: 12 and 10 mm bolts.
These threaded holes already supported the square of my dry coil pack. So I modified slightly it in order to let enough room for the stay.

Head side top view
Head side bottom view
I bought Silentblocs ® to Paulstra but since I found the FIAT ones on the WEB…
They are stiffer because less rubber inside.
I cut two tubes of the right internal diameter (28mm) put the bushes in them using a vice as a press.
In order to use 8 mm bolts I reduced the 12 mm internal diameter of the bushes with 2 tubes (one of 12-10 and one of 10-8) pressed with the vice. I have no lathe so…

The stay is adjustable in length but a simple solution could be an elongate hole in the U shape bracket of the body shell side (it is the FIAT solution).

The U shape bracket is welded on a square which is welded on the body shell from the top, it is easy to do without any un-mounting.




















This solution partly compensates the tilt angle of the engine and the stay is almost perpendicular to the plane head - block. Now the engine doesn't move.


Cela faisait un  moment que je voulais réduire les mouvements du moteur surtout au ralenti. Je voulais faire un tirant allant de la culasse vers la carrosserie en m'inspirant des Beta mais je n'avais pas vraiment envie d'utiliser qu'un seul point sur la culasse comme la vis de 12 près de cylindre 4.
En fait avec des photos et des documents techniques j'ai recopié le système de la Ritmo dont j'avais oublié que j'avais les pièces qui servent à cet effet sur cette auto.
J'ai donc acheté des Silentblocs  Paulstra qui sont plus durs que les originaux (qui étaient morts) et je les ai enfoncés à force avec un étau en m'en servant comme d'une presse dans un tube de 28 que j'ai coupé à la bonne dimension. Le diamètre intérieur étant de 12 mm je les ai tubés à l'aide de mon étau/presse avec du tube de 12-10 puis 10-8 pour avoir la bonne cote et ceci sans usinage au tour... j'en ai pas.
La platine de fixation du tirant coté culasse est une tôle de 3 qui utilise les deux vis de 12 et de 10 comme sur les FIAT. Sur cette tôle est soudé un U en tole de 2 qui sert à tenir le silentbloc.
Le tirant est issu du tube de la Ritmo et rendu ajustable par vis ce qui n'est pas vraiment obligatoire quand on voit FIAT utiliser un trou oblong sur leur chape en U.
Coté châssis j'ai utilisé une cornière de 4 soudée par dessus sur "l'étagère" arrière sans aucun démontage de quoi que ce soit. Comme du coté culasse une chape en U reçoit le tirant.
Le tirant est placé sur la partie verticale de l'étagère et  incliné pour compenser l'angle d'inclinaison du moteur. Il est quasi perpendiculaire au plan de la culasse.
Maintenant le moteur ne bouge presque plus en haut alors que le débattement était au moins de 8 mm avant.




Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire